Unskilled Forum
Welcome to Unskilled! Smile
Please Login/Register To have a full access in our site!

~ Unskilled Team/Staff!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unskilled Forum
Welcome to Unskilled! Smile
Please Login/Register To have a full access in our site!

~ Unskilled Team/Staff!
Unskilled Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Facebook Tricks :)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Facebook Tricks :) Empty Facebook Tricks :) 11/15/2009, 05:17

crazyadmer

crazyadmer
Administrator
Administrator

Facebook Photo Collage
Here’s a small little trick in Facebook that allows you to create a grid view or photo collage out of your friends list. This is how I do it:

1. Click on Friends tab.
2. Proceed to More tab.
3. From "Choose an option" dropdown, choose any of the dashes "—"
4. Photos of all your friends will be displayed, each in 50×50 pixels forming a grid view. Have fun.

How to Access Facebook Chat on Desktop

Gabtastik and Digsby let you keep Facebook chat sessions open on your Windows desktop outside of your regular web browser, using minimal screen real estate and system memory.

How to Place Facebook Chat On Firefox Sidebar
Facebook Chat is cool, at least it allows you to send instant messages to online Facebook contacts. However I’m not really a fan of the chat bar being at the bottom of the page, what if I’ve left Facebook but still wants to remain chatting with my Facebook contacts? If you are using Firefox, you can place the Facebook Chat at the sidebar.

Step 1
Look for Bookmarks on the top navigation. Select Organize Bookmarks…

Step 2

Click New Bookmark... tab and enter the following:

* Name: Facebook Chat
* Location: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
* Check Load this bookmark in sidebar.

Step 3

Launch the Firefox sidebar, click Facebook Chat and start chatting with your Facebook contacts within Firefox.

Hacking Facebook

innovative coding, tutorials, web stuff.
puremango.co.uk

* Home
* About

« Google Images Link Improver Wordpress Plugin
Prevent RSI with WorkRave »
Hacking Facebook

WP Greet Box icon
X
Hello there Facebook friend! If you like this article, please help spread the word by sharing this post with your friends.
Powered by WP Greet Box
Hacking Facebook with Javascript

Because facebook relies so heavily on javascript, and because we can type javascript into the address bar, that means we can “poke” into the workings of facebook to do things that we wouldn’t normally be able to do. It’s not “hacking” exactly, but it employs the same sort of skills hackers use when looking into applications. The best part is that because it’s all using the same control codes (or “API”) that facebook uses, there’s no way for facebook to find out you’re doing it, so it’s totally safe! (I think…) Besides, we’re not going to be doing anything too dodgy, just a few little tweaks Wink

Facebook Hack: Sending your friends offline

Here’s a funny one; if you’re chatting to a friend, get them to paste the following code into their facebook address bar:

javascript:statusControl.sendVisibility(false);

It’ll make them go offline! Of course it’s not permanent, they can go back online by clicking the icon as normal, or by giving this command:

javascript:statusControl.sendVisibility(true);

Facebook Hack: Change profile colour
Of course, you can use any colour you like; green, yellow,orange, black. It’s also fun to change it to “white” so you can’t see the text. Muahahaha. Again, only you can see it, and it only lasts till you refresh the page, but it’s still worth it!

Changing Name Temporarily

This one’s a very simple hack that you can apply to any website. As you saw in the screenshot above, I’d changed my facebook to display as “Facebook | Leet Hax0r”. You can do this by using the following javascript:

javascript:void(document.title="Facebook | Neo");

Sadly, your friends will only see your actual name, not the new one, but it can make for some amusement in a computer lab class or anywhere where you can show people face to face.

Close Chat Windows

If you’re chatting to a friend and want to close the window, sure you can just click the ‘x’ in the top corner, but isn’t it cooler to do it with javascript? Well no not really, but if you can trick your friend into typing the following code in, you can close the chat window of anyone they’re chatting to:

javascript:chatDisplay.tabs[123132132213].tabXOnClick();

That will close my chat with “123132132213″. You can send your friends that link with your own facebook ID in it, and it’ll close their chat window with you! And if you happen to know that ID:123 is chatting with ID:321, you can send the following to ID:123, and when they paste it in it’ll close their chat with 321!

javascript:chatDisplay.tabs[321].tabXOnClick();

Notifications

The hacks above are the most impressive, but there are a few other little things you can do which are mildly interesting:

Bring up notifications:

javascript:presence.toggleTab('chat_status_control','chat_status_control_tab');

Bring up online friends list:

javascript:buddyList.toggleTab();

Bring up application tab:

javascript:applicationDock.toggleTab();

Cridets: to my self

https://facebook.com/admerbakud

2Facebook Tricks :) Empty Re: Facebook Tricks :) 11/20/2009, 08:54

Edward

Edward
Support Mod