Chop suey is a favorite meat and vegetable recipe in the Philippines. It is a classic Chinese dish that has been adopted by Filipino cuisine for a number of years. It is one of my favorite recipes because it is easy to prepare and at the same time it is healthy. The following are the steps how to make it:
Things You'll Need:
- ½ pound pork, cut into cubes
- 1 cup shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 cups fish balls, cubed (you can buy it in any Asian stores)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- ¼ lbs string snow peas
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in ½ cup water
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 medium-size carrot, cut diagonally
- 2 medium-size potatoes, cubed
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Step 1: In a pot or skillet,heat oil and sauté garlic and onions. Add the pork, shrimp, and fish balls. Combine together and cook until the meat is tender.
Step 2: Add the cubed potatoes, carrots, and chicken broth. Mix well with the previous ingredients.
Step 3: Add water, soy sauce, and dissolved cornstarch. Stir the pot to mix and combine the ingredients. Let it boil for about 15 minutes.
Step 4:Throw in the rest of the ingredients (broccoli and snow peas). Cook for another 2 minutes.
Step 5: Add salt and pepper to taste.
Step6: Serve hot with rice.